I AM PRESENT
The present moment is where life is happening. I connect my mind with my body and I become fully present. Conscious breathing allows my mind to shift out of past and future thinking and back to real life.
Satori/DYI "I Am Present" Hangtag. Receive a free coaching session with purchase of an "I Am Collection" piece.
Are you resisting the present moment? Are you so preoccupied with the past and future that you miss the present? Living in the present moment is one of the most challenging things for the Western mind to do, and it is one of the most important things we need to learn in order to experience joy. Life is happening in the present. When you resist the present you create stress. You can reduce or eliminate this source of stress simply by choosing to live fully in the moment.
Excerpt from Satori Living
- Affirm “I Am Present” as you breathe deeply throughout the day.
- Come to your senses: see what you’re seeing, taste what you’re eating, hear the sounds in your environment, smell the fragrances of nature, and touch more things and people during the day (hugs are great stress reducers).
- Practice Standing Breath from our Good Morning Yoga Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXcb0fLvWXc
- Eat a piece of fruit as slowly as possible and become fully present with the whole experience.
- Take a yoga class to practice the mind/body connection. If you’re in Evergreen, CO check out the schedule at Studio B: http://www.studiobevergreen.com/index.html or find a class in your area.
- Prepare your meals consciously and really appreciate the variety of foods that are available for you to choose from.
- Read The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle.
- Try Fresh Fruit Granola and eat consciously. (recipe below)
FRESH FRUIT GRANOLA
1 C soaked almonds (soaked in water overnight and rinsed)
6 medium, soft dates (remove pits)
1 C raisins
2 medium apples or pears
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 C sunflower seeds (hulled) optional
In a food processor, combine almonds, dates and seasonings. Pulse until coarsely chunked. Add the fruit and pulse again until the mixture is still chunky, but in finer pieces. Mix the raisins and soft fruit. You can now add the sunflower seeds.
Serve immediately with almond or coconut milk or store in a glass container for up to 4 days.
If you have a story to share about how the “I Am Collection” has impacted your life, please email me at: email@example.com. I would love to hear from you and share your story, with your permission.